Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Wedding Saga Continues...

It seems my sister and I are talking again...Facebook is good for something, at least.

So I'm now signed up to plan her bridal shower, because the girls who were planning it have gotten way off track with ideas for some sort of bachelorette party instead. I'm pretty irritated with them, as my sister said she didn't want a bachelorette party, and her first shower bombed because of a March blizzard. At this point I guess I'm her only hope for a sensible bridal shower.

I wonder why so many things are going wrong...bridesmaids and groomsmen dropping out, epic March snow, ugly separation between my brother and his wife (with a protection order a la mode), huge falling out with my sister and me, major miscommunication and indecisiveness over bridesmaid dresses and shower plans, church secretary sabotaging all efforts to get counseling and reserve reception space, catering manager in charge of bridal luncheon mysteriously disappearing, groom-to-be fighting with former step-mom over stolen money, our dad furious after finding out from a fellow cop about a recent traffic stop involving my sister, etc...

Are they signs, or are weddings always this difficult?

2 comments:

  1. You should do like Tyra did for her sister's wedding on FNL and look, she got into college! TV has taught me that your life can only improve if you plan your sister's bridal shower. Alas, as I have no sister, my life will only get worse. KATY! I'm pretty sure I'm on crack today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider yourself lucky. Planning your sister's bridal shower means you have nowhere to go but up...things have to get better.

    Then again, maybe it will get me a job.

    ReplyDelete