Friday, April 24, 2009

"There's not much room to go more crazy"

These Neko Case lyrics have been running through my head all evening, and for good reason. My sister was here tonight, and my mom and I helped her put together her wedding invitations.

I wish I could find a coherent way to recount some of the discussion that went on, but a.) my fingers hurt from tying little ribbons, b.) I'm mentally exhausted, and c.) there's no sense to be made of it anyway.

My sister's attitude STINKS. She spoke to everyone--my mom, my dad, me and even her fiance over the phone--in short phrases with a monotone, lackluster voice that reflected exhaustion and a complete lack of anything resembling joy or appreciation. That makes me sad.

(For the record, if I am ever heard talking to Ryan the way my sister talks to her fiance, I want to be slapped then and there, no questions asked. Not that it'll ever happen...I adore him too much.)

I'm supposed to be helping to plan a shower--or a bachelorette party, depending on who you talk to and when--but I haven't heard from the bridesmaid in charge and I don't know what the hell is going on. I tried to get some clarification from my sister, but the more she said, the less sense she made. She kept falling back on an argument about trying to be accomodating to everyone, but she certainly wasn't accomodating my mother and me. At this point, I'm at a loss for ways to help.

Her attitude really stinks--oh, did I already say that?

She graduates three weeks before her wedding, and she has to move out of her apartment as soon as the semester ends. Guess where she's staying for those three to four weeks?

She's taking the extra bedroom where I keep my kitty boys at night. So I'm gradually getting them moved into my room with Sunshine and me. The boys are very accustomed to their room, and they are ready to be put to bed every night at 9pm. They thrive on routine! I don't think they'll mind staying with me much at all, but Sunshine is going to be extremely unhappy with that arrangement. Her Majesty so enjoys her time away from the boys.

I'm hoping if I move things in phases--litter boxes, kitty trees and feeding stations--it won't be too much of a shock to anyone. And it's only for a few weeks...then my sister gets married and moves to Miami*, where she'll spend the next year or so living in wedded bliss--or something.

(*That's Miami, FLORIDA for any Okies who might be wondering. It seems to be a point of confusion around here, even though Miam-uh Oklahoma isn't even pronounced the same way...not to mention that no one outside of Oklahoma has ever even heard of it. I'm just sayin'.)

In other news, I have another job interview next week...in Oklahoma City! Furthermore, it's for a full-time job with pay that doesn't make me want to sob in despair. That's all I'm going to say, though...I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, even though it's with a company I've been trying to interview with since I first started my job search.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I think Jesse talks to me in a non-sweet way. I try to tell myself he's just stressed or we've been married for so long, he forgot how to be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bridezilla?!
    tiny ribbons suck...I'm going to pass out ziploc baggies when I get married ;)

    yikes. I hope I'm never like that too. of course, after 8 years, I'm sure Chris and I talk pretty poorly to each other...and that sucks. I'll have to do something about that.

    fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete