Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Duck Stalking

I got a pleasant surprise when I finally dragged myself out of the house for some coffee today. Some days are just not Starbucks days, and when I'm not up for the cheerful banter of the drive thru, I go to Quick Trip, where I'm in and out in seconds. Of course, I still go with a Starbucks beverage: Double Shot + Energy in a can...good stuff!

Anyway, when I pulled into the Quick Trip, I was surprised and amused to see a couple of ducks come around the corner of the building. A third one appeared...and then some more...and then some geese. I laughed hysterically as they ran in a herd, sometimes toward the passers-by to beg, and sometimes nervously away from them.

I was laughing so hard I could barely snap a picture.


After getting my coffee, I drove around behind the QT and into the office complex where the ducks had come from. A duck wandered over to check me out and was soon joined by a friend...and then another.

Again, I found myself cracking up. I love the way they waddle, looking both ways as they cross the road, and how they chatter with each other.

3 comments: