Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sisterhood

I was very excited to get my very first "award" from fellow blogger Michelle over a week ago, and I've been trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm supposed to pass it on and then refer readers to my chosen recipients, but I don't follow very many blogs these days because I'm too busy not writing and not working and...you get the point.

Anyway, I have two bloggers to nominate, for whatever it's worth to them:

First up is Amy, who in her blog title has has artfully summed up all there is to say on some days. A fellow animal lover, she houses at least three dogs, two cats and a turtle...it's easy to lose track, because she brings home new creatures more often than I do, and she clearly has a very understanding husband. Amy is one of my angels--the kind of person who is always there in the background and always knows just the right thing to say when I'm feeling my lowest. She gets points for being a really cool mom, for loving coffee, and for being a great cook. Also, I give her bonus points for dealing with depression and chronic pain and still managing to put so many positive vibes out into the world.

Second, I nominate Leah, one of my dear former coworkers at The Guide. Leah is a terrific writer, and her sense of humor--sometimes dry, sometimes brash, often self-deprecating, and always super sharp--seriously brightens my days! Her blog coverage of the series "Friday Night Lights," when she covered it for TV Guide, was beautifully done. I never felt like the experience of watching an episode was complete until I'd read her recap. Plus, it's endearing to see her so enamored with anything--particularly a poignant TV show about high school football in Texas. Leah is one of the smartest people I've ever met, and I deeply appreciate how she opens up in her blog when she needs to work through difficult feelings. It takes courage and a lot of insight to spill one's guts like that, but she does it with such finesse that it almost looks easy.

And that's all I've got, people.

Thanks again, Michelle, for the mention. It came at a time when I really needed a boost, and I appreciate all your support via reading and commenting over the years!

2 comments:

  1. I read Amy's blog and I had no idea she has a turtle. Must investigate that!

    Oh and your welcome. I am happy you post often now. Back in the day you took to many breaks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! for me?! Although, I have three cats. LMAO and a tank of saltwater fish, as well. I'm working on a bird or a ferret. Mothers Day is coming up. hee hee...
    ILYbunches, mamacita.

    ReplyDelete