Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Think I Have a Job

Just finished interviewing for a job in Oklahoma City this afternoon, and the office manager said as long as I pass a drug test, I'm hired. It's no high-paying dream job, but I think it's going to be a great fit for me.

This doesn't mean I won't be broke anymore, but it DOES mean I can move closer to Ryan and get the cats out of my parents' hair. WOO-HOO!

I wish my mother could be a little more encouraging. Sometimes she's sensible to a fault, and her first reaction to my good news was to note what a pain it'll be to move and to wonder aloud how I'm going to pay all my bills plus rent. I wanted to say I don't know how I've ever done it, but that I've always managed to survive...and that worrying has never paid the bills.

I'll tell more about the job when I get the offer...

But for now, Perch is climbing my arms wanting some love, and how can I say no to such a darling orange kitty?

2 comments:

  1. Whoo! My fingers are crossed for you, Katy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In todays day and age with the economy the way it is....most of us are taking jobs that pay next to nothing just to have a job. If you get the job, take it and worry about the rest later...that's what we did when we left Oregon behind and came to Texas. My hubby mkaes roughly12 less an hour now but we are making it somehow and he is working and so am I. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete