Wednesday, April 8, 2009

spoiled

Weird stuff happens to me, especially when my car is involved...is it only me?

Like that time a few years ago when someone walked--or ran!-- up the hood of my car and onto the roof, then slipped and fell, leaving a huge dent in the roof. The footprints told the story, but I had a hell of a time explaining to the cops and the insurance adjuster how I knew exactly what happened.

Today I got a car wash to remove all the pollen and dust stuck to my car, and on the way home, as I turned a corner, I heard an awful clatter and saw a flash of charcoal gray tumbling to the curb, sparkling in the sun. I had to pull over and take a look before I figured out what it was...

My fucking spoiler had fallen off.

So I trudged back to pick it up, stuffed it in my now naked-looking trunk, and drove the last couple of blocks home. Hopefully my dad will help me put it back together tonight.

Uh-oh, I just realized I don't remember seeing my antenna anywhere...

Shit!

1 comment:

  1. My nephew was driving down the highway and part of his T top went flying off and shattered on the highway. It's kind of funny in a wrong way. :-P

    ReplyDelete