Thursday, March 26, 2009

More of the Same

I haven't posted in a while because there hasn't been anything new to say. Job hunting still sucks, depression still comes and goes but rarely gets the best of me, and afternoon naps have become part of my daily routine. My sister and I still don't really talk, and I don't think that bothers her.

Craigslist is still a feeding ground for soulless parasites, and the so-called legitimate job search sites aren't any better.

I never heard from the Humane Society after my interview a couple of weeks ago, and that's disappointing and irritating. But maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Things changed a bit today, though, and I got two phone calls indicating a couple of job offers MIGHT be on my horizon. One call was regarding a veterinary receptionist position, and I'm not very inclined to pursue that one. The other call, though, was from the temp agency with a potential assignment that sounds like a much sweeter deal; the pay is better, and it's only a short-term contract job. Hopefully I'll hear something by Monday...

Tomorrow I'm spending the day with my nephew Charlie, so it should be a fun-filled and exhausting day!

1 comment:

  1. ::tap tap tap::

    I have not seen any kitty pictures lately.

    ::sulk::

    ReplyDelete