Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If you happen to run into the Job Fairy, could you tell her I need to see her?

I'm just going with a few random thoughts today...

Who's really the bad guy in "Lost?"

On toilet-training cats...what if they like to drink from the toilet?

I hope cranberry-pomegranate juice and detox tea can ward off a bladder infection, because I don't have health insurance. Oh, and can I still drink beer?

How the hell can I prove I'm worth hiring if I have so much trouble just navigating the damn job search websites?

And finally, today's featured job posting...an oportunity to "run off and join the circus," which I've joked about for years:

Magicians Assistant
Seeking female Magicians assistant. Must be 5 feet 7 inches or shorter, small or medium build. You will assist the magician on stage IE: Disappearing, cut in half etc. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This position requires being on tour. The magic show performs 5 days per week. You need to look good and be able to have fun on stage. We perform all over the country. You will see all kinds of venues. We have a lot of fun. We set up and tear down one time a week and travel one to two days per week to the next show. When the show is not being performed you will assist in caring for the baby tigers and other animals, waiting on customers and helping prepare the stage for the show.


This one is only slightly less demeaning than yesterday's ad (which I'm happy to say was flagged and removed), but it does involve playing with baby tigers!

(By the way, I found this in the non-profit jobs section.)

1 comment:

  1. cranberry pom helps alot! I'm always getting jacked up innard business. Have you seen the cranberry pills, too?

    ReplyDelete