Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Whining

I feel like I've been through a breakup. It seems like nearly everything I look at reminds me of something that makes me sad.

When I got up this morning and went downstairs, my mom was on the phone with one of the ladies helping with the wedding planning. No definite resolution yet on the dresses, apparently...and I don't know if it matters as far as I'm concerned anyway.

My mom and I discussed undergarment options, body parts*, tattoos** and other supposed dress-fitting matters, and she said "I think you'll need to have your dress hemmed."

A painful silence followed, until my mom finally said the words.

"...If you're still in the wedding."

This event is definitely going down in family history, and there may be a never-ending debate as to whether or not I'm a diva who made choosing the bridesmaids' dresses impossible. This is so much worse than the time my sister punched me because I caught the bouquet at my cousin's wedding.***



*It would seem we're expected to hide our "girls" as if we're ashamed of them, but some of us bustier girls know they can't be hidden and are happy to work with what we've got. No shame there. I mean, what are we supposed to do, cut them off? Shi-it.

**See above, minus Mother Nature's role in creating this particular asset.

***I did catch it, but she claims I took it from her.

2 comments:

  1. Ha....your boobs will not be tamed.

    I hope your sister comes-to. She has to. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WORD on the boobs. I tried for years to contain them and have only recently given up.

    ReplyDelete