Thursday, February 19, 2009

success IS the only option, right?

I just sent resumes to three more places, one of which could be the job of my dreams. It's a large no-kill animal sanctuary in Edmond, OK, and I've been too nervous to contact them until now. Because if they don't want me, all my dreams could be smashed to pieces!

Okay, I know that's a bit dramatic. But I have been shaking ever since I hit the send button, and I needed to vent.

It's clear why I've put off looking for a job until now: it's highly nerve-wracking! But hopefully getting started was the hardest part; surely this won't be the death of me.

I need to stop reading so many books and other advice on cover letters and interviews...all the different (and sometimes conflicting) rules have me so overwhelmed I'm practicallly paralyzed. I think the only way I can survive this is to relax, be myself and kick ass in the way only I can.

Oh, I need a thrifting fix to calm my nerves...

2 comments:

  1. Hee....I'm a closet Eminem fan. Don't tell anybody.

    I hope you get the Sanctuary job....it is so YOU. ::crossing my fingers!!::

    ReplyDelete