Friday, February 6, 2009

My Happy Place

Ah, being 100 miles away from my family (and right next to my man) does wonders for my soul. I woke early this morning to find my left leg pinned down by orange tabbies--one between my knees and one at my left side. I'm insanely fond of orange tabbies in general, and I adore Perch and Mary Hartman in particular...so I took their cuddling as an omen that this will be a good day.

So far I've showered, done two loads of laundry, paid my bills and put together a rolling clothes rack for Ryan.

People, I normally haven't even brushed my teeth by this time of day.

I'm still mad at my sister, and she still hasn't called with the apology I know I won't get. Until I hear otherwise, I'm going on the assumption that I'm still out of the wedding, and I'm not concerning myself with any of the planning. I'm damn sure not cramming myself into any more dresses or contraptions that go under them!

I don't think she has any idea how hurt I am, or that I didn't have the evil intentions she attributed to me the other day. I should try to explain eventually, but I'm kind of waiting for her to initiate contact. And I don't want an explanation of why she acted like such a psycho; I want an apology.

I know I'm being stubborn, and a part of me does want to make up with her just because her wedding's involved and I don't want a big fight to mar the memory of it. But she went too far this time, and all I can think about is a lifetime of similar events leading up to this one. I don't want to punish her, but I don't want to deal with her right now either.

Anyway, that's all a hundred miles away right now. The weather is beautiful, I'm caffeinated and Ryan is on his way home from work.

It's a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are getting some peace Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooo....redheaded women are SUPPOSED to be stubborn. It's in the rule book.

    ::hug hug::

    ReplyDelete