Thursday, June 25, 2009

Working again...again.

I really lucked out this week!

Tuesday I notified a temp agency I was available for work again. They called back two hours later with a job lead, and Wednesday afternoon I was called in for an interview. The following is a summary of how it went:

Office Manager: Hi, are you Katy?
Me: Yes, it's nice to meet you.
OM: Do you have a pulse?
Me: I think so.
OM: Can you start tomorrow?
Me: Sure!

Okay, that's not how it went word for word, but that's about how long it took. And it's a decent job, with a respectable starting pay. It's only for six weeks, but I'm half hoping I might eventually be able to angle for a permanent job in their Oklahoma City office after I get a feel for the place.

So I started today, and I've already learned a lot about who not to trust and how to cover my ass. This was explained to me in a straightforward, relevant and professional context, which I really appreciated.

I'm not looking to get strung up and left to the vultures like I did in the last job!

1 comment:

  1. You have to have a pulse? See, this is why I don't enter the workforce.

    ReplyDelete