Thursday, June 18, 2009

ten things I hated about my last job

1. Limping home after standing on my feet all day.

2. Constantly stepping on my baggy scrubs.

3. Getting to hold tiny kittens and puppies but having to give them back instead of putting them in my pocket and taking them home.

4. Seeing sedated animals laid out on the table with their tongues hanging out.

5. Cheap people looking for cheap alternatives to proper pet care.

6. Adopt-a-dog Saturdays...try making follow up calls with several cages full of barking shelter dogs set up in the main aisle, in the direct path of all the pets visiting the vet or the groomer.

7. "Customer needs assistance with a rat, please. Customer needs assistance with a rat."

8. Finding myself reduced from a confident, capable person to a terrified moron.

9. Passive-aggressive pet nurses.

10. PetSmart customers: ("I'm sorry, but I don't know where the Flies Off spray is. No, seriously. Don’t look at me that way. I don’t work for PetSmart!")

No comments:

Post a Comment