Sunday, December 14, 2008

more mushiness

Ryan was in town over the weekend, and Friday night we went out with his dad and step mom to a dance held by their "two-steppers" club. I haven't gone country dancing in years, and it's never been Ryan's thing, but I had a blast.

What I enjoyed most (besides being with Ryan) was watching people dance. They were all older than us, and a good portion of them were senior citizens. By the way they dressed up (some of them were quite sparkly), I could tell this was an activity they really looked forward to every month. Their faces showed the joy of people doing something they loved, and that was invigorating!

I didn't dance much, and to be honest I was perfectly happy sitting at a table with Ryan's arm around me, taking in the atmosphere and talking with our heads close together so we could hear each other over the music. It's probably goofy of me to say this, but I didn't want to tear myself away from him long enough to dance with anyone else. It was just one of those times when everything felt right and nearly perfect.

I don't know why, but every time this guy says anything sweet or gives me a compliment, it takes me by surprise. It's not that I'm not used to being appreciated or treated this well...it's just that I still can't believe he thinks or feels those things about me!

And it's not that I don't feel I deserve him; I totally do! But it's hard to believe he's real, and I'm amazed at how nicely things have fallen into place, how at such a crucial time in my life (being unemployed and changing careers and all) I've met someone who gets it. His perspective is so similar to mine; he knows what I mean when I talk about following my passion and enjoying every day and living in the moment and liking/accepting myself. Hearing him talk about all that's possible in life--for him, for me, or for both of us--is absolutely thrilling.

It's like I have a motivational speaker and a muse and a boyfriend all tied up in one package.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! So we get a name. Small clues! lol
    I am happy to hear you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need you to hook up MY Ryan. She's been sadly unlucky in love as of late.

    ::hug hug hug:: for you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww he sounds lovely Rojita! Um so where are the pics of the sparkling viejos? ;)

    ReplyDelete