Thursday, August 20, 2009

Prozac Girl wins!

When I got to work this rainy, gloomy morning, the Crazy Bitch was sitting at her desk--totally silent for once--with a box of her things beside her. As I walked by, she called my name and asked if I knew what was going on and then informed me HR was on the way over to talk with her.

I told her I knew nothing, and then I went to my desk to wait for the drama to unfold. But things remained eerily quiet. I don't know how they did it, but somehow they got her out of there without any kind of disruption in our work area, and shortly thereafter I moved into her cubicle.

(Any suggestions on how to banish cubicle-demons?)

I later learned that more than one of my coworkers had gotten fed up and complained about her. Also, one of them confirmed my suspicions that the Crazy Bitch has been bad-mouthing me all this time, telling people I'm terrible at my job and implying that all I do is make more work for her. I think she's been telling my boss the same thing, but fortunately that's all cleared up now.

I hereby officially retract anything bad I said about my boss, my coworkers and the general "they." I'm starting to see just how much turmoil and confusion the Crazy Bitch was causing, and I think it was doing even more damage than I realized. Our boss was frustrated and certainly had her hands full trying to keep the Crazy Bitch in line and make sense of the lies she was telling. And I think somehow the Bitch had the rest of us thinking maybe each of us was alone in despising her, which affected our relationships with each other--not to mention with our boss.

Anyway, my boss apologized for letting this go on so long and said she's amazed I've done as well as I have. Also, as soon as I've put in the hours required by the temp agency, she's going to hire me permanently.

Hello, health benefits!!!

2 comments:

  1. you has a job! yay!

    you need a cape, you know. maybe not the tights, but definitely the cape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!
    maybe some cat nip would drive away the cubicle-demons.

    ReplyDelete