Monday, August 24, 2009

It's my pretty paper now, bitch.

This week I'm still getting settled into my new cubicle, and into a much more peaceful work environment. My recently returned coworker has been refreshingly direct with anyone previously hoodwinked by the Crazy Bitch, explaining that the Crazy Bitch had to go, as she was a cancer in the office. She also makes a point to clarify I'm doing just fine and that she has no problem with me, professionally or personally.

Friday morning I got my second hang-up call, almost certainly from the Crazy Bitch. I'm told when she finally got in touch with my coworker Thursday night, she ranted for quite a while and even made some threats against our boss.

"...and that bitch Katy was at my desk within fifteen minutes after I left!"

My co-worker's reply will ring in my memory for a long time to come:

"It's Katy's desk now."

We received emails warning about "a disgruntled former employee" calling people within the firm trying to obtain proprietary information, and some passwords were changed. I looked over my shoulder a bit last week, but this week memories of the legendary bitchiness are already starting to fade.

Crazy Bitch left behind a few personal effects, including some cutesy polka-dot paper, some fancy paisley paperclips and a box of plain envelopes. I haven't decided what to do with these items...I hear she complained about wanting them back, but she certainly won't be allowed to set foot in the building to retrieve them. I'll probably just throw them away--I don't want any of her crap--but I amused myself today thinking how mad she'd be if she ever saw me using them.

Yeah, I'm vindictive. I'm going to shake off the nastiness leave it behind soon, I promise. But at the moment I'm still riding the high from last week's victory.

1 comment: