Monday, May 11, 2009

There IS room to go more crazy!

Crazy weekend here at the Smith house...my sister moved in just before her fiance arrived for the weekend, and then Ryan got here, and then my nephews joined us...

My sister's graduation Saturday morning was followed by a huge group lunch at Texas Road House (where I was unable to eat steak due to fucking TMJ disorder and a toothache). Then we had a fun-filled evening helping my sister finish moving out of her apartment.

Somehow we managed to find enough beds for everyone, even with both my sister and me sleeping alone (yeah, you don't want to argue that case with my mom--it's just not worth it!). We had fiances on air mattresses, nephews on cots and spare couches, and too many damn cats in my bedroom.

We rounded off the weekend with a nice Mother's Day lunch with Ryan's mom and sister, and then we came home to find even MORE people congregated at my parents' house: aunts, uncles and cousins visiting my grandma.

Finally, Ryan and I packed his car full of a bunch of my boxes and he headed home.

Last night my mom said, "I hope Ryan doesn't think we're all crazy."

"Well, we can only fool him for so long," I replied.

I'm going Thursday to fill out paperwork for my new job . I start working right after labor day weekend as a receptionist at Banfield, the clinic inside PetSmart. The people I've met there so far--including one of the vets--are very nice and say they're looking forward to having me.

I was fairly certain before I even interviewed that I already had the job, and I don't know if that speaks to how impressive my resume was or how desperate they were for anyone with a pulse and a brain. It doesn't matter, though...they'll love me even more after they know me!

The discounts and benefits there sound really good, and I'm especially looking forward to discounts on veterinary services. I'm not the only one with a toothache...poor George needs attention too, but right after I swore his dental health comes before mine, I broke a damn crown and had to cave in and see a dentist.

Now they're trying to take me for enough money to make a down payment on a house, and in the mean time I'm stuck eating soft foods to avoid excruciating pain. You know, just a little extra excitement to make this crazy month even better.

But I'm still not complaining...!

2 comments:

  1. Holy chaos!
    I hope your tooth is feeling better soon. Nothing sucks like tooth pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need drugs and a drinking problem. :-P

    ReplyDelete