Sunday, May 17, 2009

No electronics were harmed in the making of this story.

My desk is sticky, and every time I think I've cleaned up the mess, I find more. Because when a cat spills a glass of Pepsi, it can take months to find all the sweet, sticky droplets.

I don't know what got into Buster, but he got a burst of aggression this evening and messed with Sunshine. I was at my desk getting some things together for eBay when Sunshine screeched and Buster, apparently fearing for his life, took a flying leap onto my desk and into my drink.

Fortunately, the Pepsi didn't get to my laptop...or my camera...or my merchandise. But it did go under my printer, into a basket of papers and down the back of my PC tower.

I was so furious that after the death threats subsided, everyone got a lecture.

(I know all too well the futility of lecturing cats. But when they just sit there, blinking indifferently at my anger, it really sets me off.)

In other news, I have one week of blissful freedom before starting my new job. The apartment hunt is rather frustrating for a Crazy Cat Lady, but I'm determined to find someone who will give my colony of mischievous felines a place to live.

I've decided (I use the word decided as if I had a choice) to put off moving until a couple of weeks after I start working. Three weeks just wasn't long enough to find something and move--not with all my sister's wedding stuff going on. So I'll sort of commute, staying with Ryan while I'm working and coming home on my days off.

Speaking of wedding stuff, I had the shower today and it went really well. One thing I love to do is delegate, and that helped everything come together nicely. I'm glad it's over, because most everything else we have to do basically requires my showing up...no more planning, at least.

The girls who dropped the ball on planning the shower just sent out invitations to the bachelorette party my sister didn't want to have. After failing to help me with the shower (aside from bringing a bag of ice), they had the nerve to ask me for money to help pay for alcohol. They're out of their damn minds!

They've become so infuriating that I actually cuss in front of my mother when I talk about them.

And she doesn't even scold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment