Sunday, May 3, 2009

Limbo

Change is in the air, and I've spent most of the weekend trying not to wait for it.

My sister is moving in Thursday, and I've almost finished clearing out my cats' stuff from her room. Tonight's the first night the boys are staying in my room instead of their own, and everyone is a little confused.

The boys were pretty restless at first, wanting a bedtime snack but not quite knowing where to look for it (everyone's food bowl has been moved in the last week). But Rescue Remedy in the water bowls, and probably the onset of their normal bedtime, eventually had them all passed out. Then Sunshine got antsy.

She's used to her own nightly routine, which includes trips to the food and water bowls and a stop by the litter box as soon as the boys are put to bed. She's tentatively trying to stick with business as usual, and she's staying fairly calm. I think it helps that she has a bed right here under my desk. And that the boys are unconscious.

As for me, I'm glad the weekend gave me some time to let things sink in; I suddenly have a lot to think about.

After last week's interview in OK City, I got a call from the SPCA wanting to meet with me here in Tulsa! I talked with two managers and a board member for almost two hours, and I definitely felt the pull of being needed--not to mention capable. I really enjoyed my time there, and I think I interviewed better than ever.

So now I'm waiting for two job offers, and then I'm off and running. First I'll have to decide on a job...and then, if I go the way I'm leaning, I'll have to start packing and simultaneously looking for an apartment. I'll have to quickly select a date for my sister's shower and start planning it, and then I'll need to get my dress altered. All this before the end of the month.

After so many months of being a bum, all this action is a bit of a shock.

Not that I'm complaining...

1 comment:

  1. Great news on the job offers!

    Hoping the kitties adjust easily..nothing worse than a pissed off cat!

    ReplyDelete