Friday, June 18, 2010

Vacation

Apparently the side effects of a highly toxic job are beginning to dissipate.  I made it past the shocked and depressed stage and have been remarkably relaxed all week.  I had lunch with my former co-worker (who's now my fellow deadbeat), spent some time at the pool, did some gardening and scoped out the thrift stores.  It's been a good week.

I'm feeling pretty restless again today, probably because I need to do some house work and wish there was something more pressing to keep me from it.

Tonight I'm going out for drinks with my former coworker and an attorney who also got laid off recently. But if I don't do some laundry, I'm not going to have anything to wear!

My mom is keeping my nephews during the day all summer...this week their mom is on vacation, but next week they'll be back and things will pick up tremendously.  Charlie is still the bubbly kid who can't sit still and requires a constant audience.  Talon, on the other hand, has become a sullen 11-year-old who hides behind long blonde locks and doesn't want to play or talk or do anything but sleep and watch TV.  He's too cool for Grandma's house, apparently!

It'll be nice to have some quality time with them...with their splitting time between divorced parents and my splitting time between Tulsa and OKC, I haven't been able to see them nearly enough lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment